Welcome to My Deliciously Healthy Kitchen, let me show you how food can make you look and feel great!

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot!

 I think its safe to say that we all like to spice things up now and again. And in the kitchen the humble little chilli not only perks up the flavours and adds a bit of heat to our food it is also known to heat things up elsewhere due to its aphrodisiac credentials! 

 Causing effects such as an increase in heart rate, sweating, sensitivity of nerve endings and a tingling, stimulating sensation and all the while getting those endorphins pumping, remind you of anything?

 Now I happen to know a certain someone who thinks of chilli as a seasoning and will pretty much add it to anything given half the chance, do you think he is trying to get lucky? He he...

 I like the addition of a bit of heat, I am talking about food now, but there is such saying that you can have too much of a good thing! And that is exactly what happened when I was being lazy and sprinkling chilli flakes from the packet instead of measuring them out!!!! I would hazard a guess that probably 2 or maybe even 3 tablespoons worth fell straight into the pan when I was really only needing 1/2 a teaspoon, whoops!!! Talk about spice up your life! 

 So please learn from my mistake and proceed with caution when adding these fiery little fellas, sweating like a pregnant nun is not a very sexy look, no aphrodisiac is that strong!!!

  • Heres my Thai style (flipping spicey) chilli basil aubergine and kale noodles, 

Recipes coming soon on my website!!

E xxx