Welcome to My Deliciously Healthy Kitchen, let me show you how food can make you look and feel great!

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Baby its cold outside.


   Right ok I know you are not gonna agree with having a salad for your supper when we have our first dusting of snow sitting on our doorsteps, but bear with me on this one.

  Last night I made a super quick, super easy, super tasty and WARM winter salad for my dinner, with some delicious bits from my Kent Veg Box. Salad??? I hear you say, In December??? Yes, and bloody lovely it was too.

  I roasted up a load of root veggies, parsnip, carrots, pumpkin, onions, potatoes with garlic and olive oil, then warmed up some incredible locally smoked kippers (from my Kent Veg Box Fish box) and piled it all on top of some iron rich spinach. A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some cruchy sea salt and a twist of freshly ground black pepper was all it needed !! 

  You could do the same with whatever veggies you have got sitting in the bottom of the fridge that need using up, and could use smoked mackerel, salmon or chicken. Go on give a warm winter salad a go, you never know you might like it!!!


A dinner fit for Venus herself!

Fresh veg, tick.
Raw goodness, tick.
Oily fish, tick.
Superfood goodness, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, tick!
A more Manly version for Mars!

Quite simply rearranged, the "salad" becomes a man worthy dinner.
The same ingredients (minus the parsnip, he won't eat that however much I try to sneak it in!),
just laid on the plate for some strange reason makes it more appealing to the male!!
But hey ho, still all the same goodness however you decide to present it!


Enjoy the snow while it lasts!

E xx