So here you are, a little gift from me to you, sweet potato, spinach and red lentil Thai soup.
- 1 cup of dry red lentils, your natural source of protein and cheaper than chips!
- 1 large sweet potato cut into small chunks, full of beta-carotene which consumption of is linked with a decreased risk of cardio-vascular disease.
- 1½ tablespoons of red Thai curry paste (Mae ploy or Thai Taste) anti-oxidant spices galore!
- Half a block of creamed coconut, use this instead of the milk, this 100% coconut, milk has additives added, check the labels!!
- 1.5 litre's of Marigold vegetable bouillon stock, all natural and a great flavour.
- 250g spinach, washed, a great source of magnesium which is essential for bone health, our bones are 60% magnesium!
|The good guys!|
You will need
- Chopping board
- All purpose knife
- Large saucepan
- Measuring cup
- Measuring jug
- Make up stock, 2 tablespoons per 1 litre
- Place lentils, curry paste, sweet potato and coconut block into a pan
- Cover with stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes (the coconut block will melt in)
- Once the lentils and potatoes are cooked, add the spinach and fold in until the spinach has wilted.
- Blitz the lot in a blender, taste to check the flavor is to your liking and add more curry paste if too mild or grate in some more coconut until calmer!
|Et voila! Soup!!! Easy peasy and deliciously healthy!|
- Use as a curry sauce, just add some more chopped veggies or chicken or fish! Serve with brown rice.
To learn more about introducing delicously healthy dishes into your diet that will make you look and feel great, why not come along to a My Deliciously Healthy Kitchen cookery class?
A fun and relaxed day out for anyone interested in food! Click HERE for more details.
Have a great weekend people!