Welcome to My Deliciously Healthy Kitchen, let me show you how food can make you look and feel great!

Thursday 7 February 2013

Are you gluten intolerant?

   My next cookery class is on the 23rd February at Witherdens Hall, Wingham, Canterbury and on the menu this time will be a deliciously healthy Italian feast that is gluten free and full of flavour!

   I have had so much interest and many questions about gluten free diets that I have decided that the next class will include all gluten free recipes to prove that just because something is "free from" it does not have to mean that it is free from flavour!

  That is my philosophy here at My Deliciously Healthy Kitchen, just because the dish may not contain the ingredients you are used to it doesn't mean that there will be a lack of deliciousness. I love food and have been lucky enough to have eaten at some amazing restaurants, I have travelled and eaten my way around the world and I have worked with some of the best quality produce available. I am not prepared to eat food that is a poor substitute for the real thing, instead I find other ways and look to different cuisines from my travels to make healthy food taste just as good as the less forgiving foods we have taken to eating far too regularly.

  I love Italy and 2 years ago I spent 3 months travelling from Milan in the top all the way down to Sicily at the bottom, I have also visited a few times prior to that and this year spent the New Year in the Italian Alps so couple that with my collection of River Cafe cook books and the result is that my cooking is very much influenced by this amazing country and its gorgeous food. What I have learnt most importantly about Italian food is that it is not just pasta and pizza, it is very regional and the "less is more" approach is absolutely key. A handful of the right ingredients, prepared simply and well will result in incredible tasting food, let the ingredients and flavours do the talking and keep it simple!

  So with this and the seasonal availability in mind here is the menu for the next My Deliciously Healthy Kitchen cookery class,

To nibble at break time:
Artichoke and Borlotti bean dip (GF, VGN, V)

 Starter:
Balsamic apple, lentil and goats cheese salad (GF, V)


Main: 
Roasted red onion and squash risotto (GF, VGN, V)

Side dish: 
Raw fennel citrus salad (GF, VGN, V)

Dessert:
Lemon and coconut polenta cake (GF, V)

£65 pp
(special introductory rate, normally £75)
Includes all refreshments, a 3 course lunch with wine and a recipe pack to take away.

Saturday 23rd February
10am-3pm

Just click HERE to book.
 10 places per class, only 6 places left.