Welcome to My Deliciously Healthy Kitchen, let me show you how food can make you look and feel great!

Friday 8 February 2013

Green Goodness

  Happy Friday everybody.

  I have just had my lunch and it was so tasty that I have just got to share the recipe with you. I am on my usual health kick but today I am feeling particularly green, green veggie juice for my breakfast, an hour of vinyasa yoga (you gotta put the effort in the food does'nt do it all) and now this delicious green lunch that started out as my take on a recipe I had seen for green ratatouille but it ended up morphing into something else when I realised I had forgotten to pick up some celery!!!

  So here it is peeps, a deliciously healthy lunch that can be taken in a tupperware for your lunch, can be dished up as a side dish with fish or lean meat, you could even make it into an omelette or serve with some brown rice. Make your effort in the kitchen pay off by making extra and turning it into another dinner or lunch and don't forget to use your freezer, this would be perfect to freeze.

  So take;

  • 1 leek sliced
  • 1 white onion sliced
  • 2 cloves of garlic crushed
  • 1 courgette cut into chunks
  • 1cup of cannelini beans (or any other white beans)
  • 2 cups of cavolo nero (black italian cabbage, but you could use any greens such a regular cabbage, spinach or kale) sliced finely
  • 1/2 teaspoon of olive or rapeseed oil
  • 1/2 cup of Marigold vegetable bouillion stock
  • 1 heaped teaspoon of dijon mustard
  • Fresh ground black pepper
  • A sprinkle of fresh parsley (optional)

Heat a large frying pan on a medium-high heat and add the oil, onion and garlic, stir and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Then add the stock and the rest of the veggies and beans.
Cook through the veggies until they are softened, around 3 minutes, then add the mustard and pepper.
Stir to distribute the mustard and pepper, taste to check the seasoning and serve!! 
  


Clean, lean and green!!!

Have a great weekend people.

You too can come along and learn deliciously healthy dishes like this at the My Deliciously Healthy Kitchen cookery classes held at Witherdens Hall Wingham, Canterbury.

Just click HERE

E xx